What Matters Most

What Matters Most
Andie's Baptism

Saturday, May 9, 2009

The women who amaze me

I try to be a good mom. I try to be a good Mormon. And recently, I'm trying harder to be fiscally responsible. Sometimes I feel like I'm doing a pretty good job (ala my last post). Other times I realize that compared to many of you, I fall woefully short.
In my quest to be fiscally responsible, I have recently begun couponing. An interesting art, to say the least. I'm not a pro, and I don't think I even aspire to be. But I've discovered that occasionally I can poach ideas from the pros and come out smelling pretty sweet. So today I was on my friend Jessica's blog, because she mentioned that she posted some good deals. From there, I went to a mutual friend Katie's blog. Wow. Katie, like me, has five kids. She also, apparently, is the coupon queen. And she posts beautifully about it so that the rest of us can benefit. Thank you, Katie. But here's what really clinches my admiration for this woman- she has a countdown 'til summer vacation arrives. I believe she is truly excited for the days when all of her kiddos will be home all day for a few months. I, on the other hand, am quaking in fear. So here's to you, Katie, for being all that I aspire to be, and looking cute while doing it. (Did I mention she has great hair?) Check out Katie's blog here: http://katiejprice.blogspot.com/ Sorry, among other things, I'm not cool enough to know how to put this in as a link.

1 comments:

Katie said...

You are so SWEET!!! Thanks for making my Mother's Day! You made me want to cry!!!