What Matters Most

What Matters Most
Andie's Baptism

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Cleaning the Closet (or the hell that is my life)



So today I decided to do something worthwhile and clean out my downstairs closet. It was a pit. Now it's very clean, but my living room looks like hell. I don't feel like doing anything about it. The screen door keeps falling off. Most of the drawers in my kitchen are broken. In fact, the one with all the utensils in it has a hole in it. No idea how it got there. Probably from one of those times when I tried to open it, but some random utensil was stuck in it, so I yanked and yanked until something gave. Maybe it was a sharp implement that was wedged, because now there is a hole. So the end result of this is that all of the mixing bowls, etc in the cupboard below the drawer have crumbs in them. Because there are crumbs in the drawer. And the drawer has a hole.

This is the story of my life! Now I am sitting here, in my sweats- haven't showered yet- have to leave the house in a half hour to start the never-ending round of running that is my life between 2pm and 9pm. And the living room is still a pit. Not to mention the fact that I haven't done a dang thing in any other room in the house except mess them up more. So here's what I'm gonna do. I'm going to go shower, put on a cute outfit, load the kids in the car, and leave. To heck with the house. At least I'll look cute.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Megan...this is why I admire you!

Castiel Moyes said...

you can get ready in a half hour? jk you should have called for some help today! I would have totally come to help you with all that crap!

Cami said...

Oh my heck...you crack me up! I did witness this all, and yet I laugh. I laugh, because it is the only thing we as mothers can do. We all have been there and we all can relate! So way to get beautiful and ignore all! You rock!